Sierra Roots, with an office in Mount Vernon, WA, is currently negotiating with landowners to construct a development that would contain 40 tiny house units, all under 300 square-feet. The tiny houses would include a sleeping area, shower, kitchenette, and sitting area. There would also be a community center with computers, a dining room, and an entertainment area. Residents would actively participate in designing and maintaining the village.
This development would provide shelter for people who are currently homeless: www.theunion.com by Matthew Pera.
It is a resourceful idea, indeed, one that employs creative and out-of-the-box thinking to achieve a solution.
In your own home, that kind of thinking may lead to the solution of vinyl plank flooring, from Premier Flooring Center.
Vinyl plank flooring is the perfect solution if your heart is asking for hardwood flooring, but your wallet is on lockdown.
Vinyl plank flooring (sometimes called Luxury Vinyl Plank or LVP) has the look of all-natural hardwood, complete with the assortment of colors and wood species. It can even be available with hand-scraped, distressed, and embossed looks, and that makes it even more realistic. You can create all kinds of atmospheres, from rustic to contemporary, and you can even give your kitchen that “farmhouse” look.
Like hardwood, you can place the planks in brick fashion, or diagonally to create any number of patterns, such as herringbone.
Unlike natural hardwood, vinyl plank flooring is totally and completely 100 percent moisture-resistant. That means it can be installed anywhere, including bathrooms and basements; typically, hardwood is not recommended for spaces below the first floor, and certainly never for the bathroom. You can use it over any subfloor and many homeowners like the fact the vinyl plank flooring can be nailed down.
Other advantages include:
● Easy cleanability. Just sweep and damp mop. For tougher stains, mop with a manufacturer-approved soap. Never, ever use one of those waxy, shine-promoting cleaners.
● Durability: Luxury plank vinyl is made of commercial-grade layers and it’s reinforced with fiberglass. If installed and maintained properly, it can last up to 15+ years.
● Stain-resistant: A clear layer acts as a protective barrier. Protecting it from stains and spills.
● Affordability: Costs a fraction of hardwood.
● Comfort: It’s soft, and easy on the feet. Combined with durability, stain-resistance, and ease of maintenance, it also makes it a perfect choice for the kid’s room.
Premier Flooring Center, a 20-year-old company is family-owned and operated, and services Grass Valley, CA and surrounding areas. The company carries a large stock of hardwood, carpet, vinyl plank, LVT and laminate flooring.